Monday, December 22, 2008

Shift Change

So I just registered for a dorm on the Korea University campus @ CJ International. I chose a double... meaning I'd be sharing a room with someone. I really hope it was the right decision and I get to live with someone decently compatible with the way I do things. My Auntie Sandy convinced me to choose a double... but she also suggested that I lay some ground rules within the first week which is pretty smart I guess if the buddy is the type to follow through. I got to choose some other things to sort of narrow down my choices but the only thing I chose was that I wish to be roomies with a non-smoker. I want this to be so random - I really have no idea what's going to happen or who I'm going to be paired with. Other options were "I study in the morning, I go to bed late, I study in silence, and I want to be roomed with a local Korean buddy" - all of which I chose "no preference". I guess if worst comes to worst, I'll try to switch with someone with a single room and give them the $400 extra.

The snow is kind of cool 'cause I've got snow boots and can actually stick my WHOLE leg into the snow at once! Work today ended quite early -- like yesterday, there were a decent amount of people in the beginning and then it just suddenly died. I really only served 6 tables (compared to 15-20) and got off at 10 (would have gotten off at 9 if that one table didn't take their dear time!). Such a workout though... the snow, I mean. G and I decided not to take the bus so we trudged all the way up from Renfrew Stn. Anyway, tomorrow I think I'm going to just suck it up and go downtown to pick up some last minute Xmas gifts for family and then head to work around 6. Maybe I'll even eat @ work as I'm craving sukiyaki again... even though I just ate there 2 nights ago... and then a few nights before that too! ahaha... but veggies, yay!

No comments: