Friday, December 26, 2008

Happy Holidays

Location: same spot as my Fall picture -- this street is so pretty all year round!
Credit: M

I finally have a bit of time to post! The past few days have been super busy.

On the 23rd, M planned a day just for me! We first went sledding at Burrardview park and went down this man-made snow ramp omg that was so much funn!! Then we changed into our PJs and robes and attempted to play Christmas songs, ate a full Greek dinner complete with homemade sangria (!), ate a super yummy chocolate brownie cheesecake that M made, talked (of course), and made stove-top smores (Yea we roasted marshmallows on the element) =D kumao!

On the 24th I had to work. A lot of large group reservations canceled but the customers were great.

On Christmas day (Merry Christmas btw!), my parents woke my brother and I up to open gifts which is a first! haha In the past, I get up first, lounge around, my dad wakes up and starts on breakfast, and then I have to drag my mom out of bed and my brother wakes up soon after that. My mom got a telescopic back scratcher from Restoration Hardware... which she's very happy with -- a step up from a toilet seat! ahha... a running Xmas joke. My extended family Xmas plans were canceled the night before due to snow but at 2PM, my Gpa called and wanted to get together so everyone made it for dinner at King's Fort in Richmond (Chinese food but not really a fan of the food though service was good). Before dinner, my family visited my mom's maternal mom's brother in the hospital -- he only has a predicted 24 hours to live (colon cancer/liver cancer) except, well, it's been over 24 hours now and he's still awake and comfortable. It was the first time I met him and my mom hasn't seen him in over 24 years (my mom's maternal mom passed away when she was 16). After dinner, my family visited my dad's side at my Uncle George's (in Richmond) where we ate dessert and swapped gifts. Chelsea (my cousin -- she's in Gr 8) is so tall now! She's my height! Corey was soo heartbreakingly cute as usual though not as talkative. I got to meet my cousin Kevin's new gf really quickly before we had to leave to go back to my mom's side at my Auntie Sandy's house for more dessert and gift-opening. Chaotic, I tell you! I'm so glad I got to see both sides this year. You don't know how good it is until it's gone... so having family dinner canceled this year made me realize how incomplete the whole Christmas season would be + how much I'd miss it. It still wasn't the same though b/c we ate out for the first time, but at least we were all together.

Some of my favourite pictures of the night:
Triton-baby's scrunchie face.
Kyle-baby
Kyle-baby trying to hide from me
Erin and Emerald play so well together
Emerald was trying to scare Tri and Goo.
Girl cousins -- Kristin, Em, Erin, and Shannon
Triton's favourite Xmas gift -- a custom-made lion's head!
Not the best one, but it's the nicest one my mom took -- all the cousins + g'rents.
This morning I woke up at 6:30, only having had 4 hours of sleep, and met Artemis to go Boxing Day shopping downtown. We spent most of our time at Aritzia and Zara. I got a black cardigan and a black seamless sporty-ish racerback tank for myself from Aritzia. The sales weren't fantastic but at least the crowds weren't bad at all downtown. The bus couldn't make it up the Renfrew hill on the way home so I had to walk the rest of the way w/out a hat or umbrella... I cannot wait for Spring! I want to buy sandals and wear my shorts!! I think I'm just grouchy 'cause I need my haircut...

Don't hold onto your past. There's a reason that it's not coming back.

If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it.

Finally uploaded pictures from my cell:
Posh's Xmas decor - before opening for dinner

I found a stash of my maternal Gma's fur coats. Since it's politically incorrect to wear them, I don't think I'll ever wear them outside, but they are warm and this particular one is cute and lux so I sel-ca'd w/ it. My arms aren't long enough to get a full length shot, but it's sort of like a cropped coat with bell sleeves.


Laptop is being v.v. annoying... it keeps crashing/freezing on me! Must clear space and finish making CDs for my dad...
And gah I'm so tired and have a sore throat... missing out on Steven's party!
Whaat it's supposed to be 7 degrees tomorrow?

No comments: