Saturday, October 25, 2008

Excitement!

omGOODNESS I am SO excited about exchange all over again! International Exchange Orientation just ended (an hour early) -- I'm still at school. They answered all my questions and there was a panel of people who went on exchanges to various places last term that we got to talk to -- one from Korea (Yonsei). Now I'm just so anxious to get my acceptance letter from Korea University (which won't come until mid-Dec!!!) and so I can apply for my visa. I'm not reeeeeeally sure about what visa to get and all that, but I think I want a working visa ontop of my student visa too... 'cause I wanna teach English (which is basically just talking to people) legally (some students do do it under the table which could = jail 'cause they're super strict...). I also met the other 2 students going to Korea Uni (KU) too! They're both Korean -- really interesting, I find, how pretty much all the students who go to Korea for exchange are Korean themselves. Also, from what I've heard/read, it seems as though we've got it the toughest here in North America education-wise! Everyone says that school in Asia and Europe (especially) was so much more slack - so much that they think that they've forgotten how to study. There's so much to do before I go though... like renew my passport, photocopy a bunch of stuff, get visa, airfare, figuring out what I'm going to do after, research cell phone, regulations, transportation, where I'm going to live, figure out more courses... get into Business.... AND I realize I want/need to work more to make more spending money b/c apparently it's very easy to spend way more than budgeted.. even if you over-budget. We're talking $10,000+, going mainly toward travel to other places! To be honest, I've only budgeted around $8,000 for personal spendage. Thank goodness I can work full-time in January and Feb before I leave in March! I'm also thinking of extending my stay there to 2 semesters since a lot of past exchange students wish they had, but we'll have to see. It's easier to plan for 2 and just drop the 2nd semester instead of adding it on once I finish a term. Lots of paperwork... I guess it really all depends if I get into Business or not... I realize that this is really my last term to get into Business if I were to graduate in 2010. If I don't, then I can only try again next Fall (and then it'd be another 3 semesters for sure). Really, there's no rush, but school, to me, isn't the funnest thing and I'd sort of like to end it ASAP. Backup plan? I'd probably just get a Geo major, but I'm not sure how many courses Korea offers for Geo. My goodness how boring and uninteresting.

Anyway, I'm absolutely exhausted from my 5 hours of sleep. I had 2 cups of coffee this morning, I guess it helped a bit for a while and now I'm all zzzz again internally. I think I'm gonna head over to work now and read some notes at Blenz.

Did you know you can't ship perfume by mail?!

2 comments:

Nat said...

wow i didnt realize wat a big thing the exchange was! i guess wen my friend went to exchange it wasnt that big a deal since she was jus going to the states. but going to a foreign country is much more exciting!

sniff sniff you might be gone for TWO semesters?!? sighhhh

Natasha said...

Skype!!