Saturday, August 9, 2008

Trying

Tonight marks the first time I have ever worked SO hard in the entirety of my existence. I was also the first time as a busser (I have to fulfill 60 hours of this and 60 hours of hostessing in order to advance!) at the restaurant. Oh My Goodness. All I can say is that at least I was recognized for all the hard work. I totally busted my tail end out there... and now I'm exhausted. It was stressful, but the hostess! She's new too and she was almost in tears! There were a couple threats, a few angry customers, and lots and lots of people waiting over an hour in line but she seriously did the best she could for the situation she was put in... I just hope to do half as well tomorrow as hostess eeek!

I cannot wait to be a server.

Other news - B got me tix to the Jason Mraz concert! Cha cha cha!

Mom went to pick up her new car in the States today. It's a 2009 Subaru Forester. I like the leather seats, the large moon/sun roof, the automatic seat adjuster, and the 6 CD system, but you pay for what you get when it comes to quality. Not an expensive car -- the finishing touches like the handles feel like they're made out of plastic (ie. it looks cheap). And the car is definitely not meant to be driven by big people! It was a bit squishy for me to get in and out.

Oh! More news, I got to see a childhood friend during work today!! He was one of my best Our Lady Of Sorrows friends along with two others and we all lived within 4 blocks from each other... and then in Gr 3, I switched to Tyee Montessori and he moved across town so we totally lost contact until our parents (w/ us) bumped into each other at London Drugs in Gr 10. I totally remember the day and how I felt gross and was wearing that over-sized FLO sweatshirt (it was a miserable day)... and today I also felt gross and sticky and was wearing my more scrubby, faded black clothes (bakery clothes) lol. It's really neat seeing how ppl change, especially when it's a good one.

1 comment:

Nat said...

wow - good job with the restaurant gig. tough! i had no idea.. i guess customers really overall get angry too easily .. next time i'll really try to remember - sometimes, they really are doing their best. i remember wen i first started at ames, i was under so much "ahh!" and i had much sympathy for people wen u could see they were new as well. i cant wait to see your new car!!!!