Monday, August 25, 2008

Smile No Matter What

Yesterday I had my most stressful hosting shift everrr... it was unbelievably crazy...... That's the reservation booklet... I guess it doesn't look that bad, but there were tons of large-group reservations.. like one of 33, 11, 10, 10, 9, 8, 8, 8.... and don't forget the walk-ins! This is my souvenir for the night... and the everlasting picture in my mind of over 20 ppl clogging up the entrance all over my hostess booth (in my space), hovering over the reservation book, streaming through the doors... waiting (some impatiently). I had to keep reminding myself that I'm really trying my absolute best and that I can't please EVERYONE... as long as the vast majority is satisfied. I just want to give a big thanks to the group of 10 who had a reservation at 8:30 but had to wait a little more than an hour for their table. They were extremely good sports about it and it totally made my night easier.... and same with that one group of 5 who canceled... I cannot even try to imagine what it would have been like if I had to fit them in too... anyway - shift is over so it doesn't matter. Lesson learned: make reservations and you'll get priority over waitlist.

Finally sold my Zune Premium headphones! That guy got a good deal. They were practically brand new (I wore them for a couple hours).. and I sold them for 1/3 of the price they sell at Futureshop for.

This program proposal is such a painnn! I can't go up to SFU today to finish it b/c KU doesn't return my e-mails regarding the much needed specifics... academic advisors won't sign proposal until they see these specifics.. or else I risk not getting any credit for these courses!!

Some of my favourite outfits on Zipia from the "Vogue" category:
1. Love the bag!
2. Love the white button-up and the double wrap-around belt!
3. Pretty cute coat.
1. Love the sleeves on that coat
2. Short short love.
3. Want that cropped black coat!
1. Navy coat! Love -- and the whole outfit...
2. Coat love again! Cropped military one.
3. Looking for something similar xept navy/gray/white
1. I've been looking for a nice wool cardi to do this outfit
2. Cute coat! Resembles a little girl's wool coat. Want!
3. Love the outfit -- so runway.

I have a feeling I might be spending some $ on Zipia this Fall...

No time for more -- gotta go to Superstore w/ mommy and then to work.

No comments: