Thursday, August 21, 2008

5 Cents

On Tuesday I got a sweet surprise -- M presented me with such a lovely gourmet dinner on her back patio!! Yum!
There were cute scooped-out and re-filled tomatoes and potatoes, 4 different types of cheese, peppercorn pate, over 50 of the best shrimp I have ever had, 2 types of greek dip with toasted pita (a meal in its own), and a jug of my fav. -- homemade sangria.
Check out the presentation ooOooooo

AND she tricked me! Before I went to Harrison Hot Springs, I told her that I wanted one of those McDonald Beijing Olympic cups -- the Panda one... but it wasn't out yet when I left. I was afraid they sold out because so many of the other ones have... so M told me that she went to 5 or 6 different McDonalds during a drive and as I predicted, they were completely sold out.... but she actually got 2 glasses at the last McDonald location! LUCKY! I'm so happy =) It's my souvenir for this season's olympics.

Yea my friends spoil me. My dad pointed that out today and he's said "and it's my job to unspoil you". lol

Top 3 Zipia Picks
aidma - roll up mini pocket check [$36USD]
I wish this one came in a dark purple with green or navy lines! The red is too bright for me.
rush-jipper [$30USD]
AH I love this skirt! It has a zipper on the front - very Alexander Wang-esque. And it comes in my size too!
rush - shawl style gardigan [$31USD]
Cute but I don't know how I feel about the square polka dots if you look closely...
How trendy - our U-passes are purple... and my picture still looks like I've caught the Oompa Loompa disease...

3 comments:

Nat said...

funny - my friend noticed the same purple trend too =p http://notfauna.blogspot.com

i like the last of the pics the best - shawl style cardigan (gardigan? =p) that's belted.

i cant beleive melanie made you that amazing meal! AND she made you a homemade ice cream cake too for your bday? (i think) ..WOW dims doesnt even do that for me poopy. the tomatoes and shrimp look fantastic!!!!!!!!

N said...

haha! That's funny -- purple is VERY VERY in for this Fall!!!

I know the meal was terrific! You should show Dims -- hint hint Dims...

Blogger said...

There's shocking news in the sports betting world.

It has been said that any bettor needs to look at this,

Watch this now or stop betting on sports...

Sports Cash System - Advanced Sports Betting Software.