Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Meet Buster

I'm in Victoria now and I'll be here until Saturday afternoon. Semi-exhausting day of traveling here. M's dad drove me to the ferry terminal in the morning and I made my way over to bunnyland (aka Uvic) by ferry and bus. There's a mosquito flying around my laptop screen right now... to squish or not to squish... M's dorm room is on the 4th floor but I guess that doesn't stop mosquitoes from flying in. I hope I don't get a bunch of bites tomorrow.. that wouldn't be fun. Anyway, the weather is just as gorgeous here as back home xept maybe a little windier. I think I underpacked for once (I tried really REALLY hard to put everything into one mini suitcase but I ended up bringing my Puma bowling bag for my sleeping bag and shoes). So yea - I'm one outfit-less. This calls for some creativity and clothes remixing haha... unless I find something tmr (yay!). My 2nd lunch was at the Bibliocafe on campus - I had a great grape and walnut chicken sandwich on focaccia.
Today I attended M's private class w/ this eccentric guy that just can't stay still... and apparently he was pretty tame today. He has an amazing ear and most probably has perfect pitch! He can even tell when one note is missing or when you're playing the wrong note in a chord, he knows the pieces so well. Then I got to watch a little showcase of duets (and M's trio). I definitely enjoy the more complex, higher-level pieces much more than I did when I was younger (when I thought the simple ones were more interesting). I got to meet M's group of friends who I've already gotten pretty darn comfortable with -- this (super lovely) mom cooked a great after-performance "snack" (which was really our dinner) for us at 9! Tmr I'm going shopping w/ a couple of M's friends and am attending another showcase while also registering courses for Becky and I + taking a short jog. So yea - a nice start to a mini vacation.
I saw this thread on Soompi:
How Do You Act When You See An Attractive Person Of Same Sex?

This is what it said:
So apparently, people have given me info that beautiful ppl are lonely. aka my friend (theres already a thread going on about her) ANYWAY, to girls: When you see a really pretty girl, do you talk to her first? Are you friendly to her? Or do you ignore her? do you get jealous? do you ignore her because you think she'd probably conceited, stuckup, snobby, etc? I'm just curious how girls are vs girls. I know beauty is a main attraction to teen women at this point, but do you stare at her? Or do you ignore her on purpose? Or do you act normal? Please be honest TO MEN: When you see a really pretty girl, do you go talk to her? DO you just look at her timidly and never approach her? Do you talk loudly in front of her?? Tell me what you boys do! Speak it up!
My answer: Curious. When I see a pretty girl, I, like I'm sure many of you also do (which also seems to be perfectly normal), will try to sneak glances at her (staring is rude and some girls take it the wrong way) and try to see what makes her so attractive whether it is how natural she is, what she's wearing, how she carries herself, or which features. Hard to figure all that out being discrete at the same time though ahha. I admire instead of become jealous and would give her the benefit of the doubt that she's a good person. If I had the opportunity to talk to her, I would just to see if she's just as nice as she looks. If she sees me looking at her, I wouldn't hide it - I'd smile. But if I can tell she's one of those types (plastic w/ attitude, which you can usually tell right away), I'd be secretly disgusted and won't look back ahha

Actually, I'll admit that once in a while I do what this girl put best:
1. double glance
2. admire
3. evaluate
4. determine why I can't be gorgeous like her
5. move on with my life (most often than none satisfied w/ myself)

I can see how even beautiful ppl are lonely and boyfriend/girlfriend-less... I bet ppl think they have to be in the same league to be friends with them or have no chance to be their gf/bf. I guess that's why you can usually assume they'd have friends that are on the same appearance-level as them b/c they'd flock together. It's interesting WHO has bfs/gfs. While it is more common for decent-looking people to have significant others, there are definitely some surprises when it comes to relationships in the looks department.
There are so many other factors. Sometimes they're actually shy -- they weren't always like this and happened to become a "swan" after puberty -- and they don't know how to act.

What do you think about these 2 topics?

No comments: