Sunday, May 25, 2008

Adore Much

The rolled cuff on a guy. I really like it. Like really really really.
Very chic - quite difficult to pull off IMO. You've gotta be pretty thin and wear straight-legged pants.
No rolled cuff in this pic, but it came with the above pic. Can't leave these 2 out.
Butchea.. for those who think ankles are sexy, this style is eye candy.
This guy rolled up his waist instead ('cause his pants were too big) to create the ankle-pant effect. He's not as thin as DBSK, but he could still pull it off.
I'm really into bracelets now - or anything around my wrists basically.

I bought a bunch of gold bangles from Forever 21 - they were cheap.. like 7 for $5.80 and 12 for $5.80... and one already broke so yea. Cheap quality, cheap price. Seems to always go hand in hand. Oh well - it satisfies my bangle-lust for a while.
I saw this plastic ivory/cream thick bangle w/ a beautiful peacock feather in it next to the cash register at F21 too... I should have bought it 'cause the next time I checked (the next day), it was completely sold out and there were at least 6!
And I'm sad 'cause Urban Outfitters is selling something similar (below).. but not as nice 'cause it's dark.. for $20... when the F21 one was only $6.80.
More bangles.
This one is gorgeous! [$109AUD]As seen on Eva Longoria -- oh the day I will have all those thick, chunky bangles...
This one is so nice! I love the colour. Don't know how much these are 'cause they're sold out.I passed by this bracelet kiosk at Westfield Century City in LA... I forgot what it's called but I clearly remember seeing these bracelets on the websites I check daily. They're wrap-around ones w/ tiny charms... and they're all over $100.

Wrap-arounds seem to be all the rage these days and I absolutely love them too!
Intermix Chan Luu Nugget Wrap Bracelet [$215]
CC Skye Double Wrap Gold Woven Bracelet [$385AUD]
or $13 on Ebay for authentic -- too bad shipping is $22 though..
I've been looking for this!! Also available in tons of other colours As seen on Nicole
Kidada for Disney Couture Cherry Blossom Purple Bambi Wrap Bracelet [$110]Hamsa Hand - Gold [$90 AUD]
Or.. you can buy it for $1.99 on Ebay lol
Bhati Beads [$89AUD Sold Out]
Inspired by peace and light
Waiting for the moon to be in the seventh house and for Jupiter to align with Mars can be such a drag. So get a jump on the dawning of the Age of Aquarius (and other fashionably good times) with Silk Planets bracelets by Bhati Beads. Lovingly handmade by yoga teaching jewellery designer Magaret Maggard. Each length of hand-dyed silk comes strung with nine sterling silver beads and an adjustable toggle clasp. Designed to be wrapped around the wrist or ankle, they’re equally chic worn as a long or layered necklace. Available in solid silks and metallic-stripes, there are six colors to choose from. Inspired by peace and light, start wearing them now, and by the time peace is guiding the planets and love steers the stars, you’ll be ready to shine.


Thing is, they all look like something I can easily make so I'd never pay the $100+ for these.

Club Monaco has the Double-Wrap Bonnie Bracelet for $29.

Butchea I got most of these items from this great new Australian site I found -- Miijo!! Totally adding that to my Firefox Bookmark Toolbar.

[AH The font change is driving me nuts!]

OH about fragrances - I've given up on Burberry's The Beat, Burberry, and A&F's Fierce.
I found 3 brands + scents I've fallen head over heels for that are WAY better and cheaper.

DIESEL
Fuel For Life Pour Femme [1.7 oz for $52USD @ Sephora]

Notes: Mandarin, Pink Pepper, Jasmine, Patchouli, Black Currant, Raspberry, Musk.
Style:
Sensual. Innocent. Sexy.I'll have to smell it again, but I think this could be THE fragrance for me! I think the bottle doesn't match the fragrance though.

DIOR
Ahh where to start?! They have so many good smelling fragrances. I sniffed a bunch of random women's ones and I loved them all but the only ones I remember the names of were:

Miss Dior Cherie [1 .7 oz. for $65]

Notes: Green Tangerine, Violette, Pink Jasmine, Patchouli, Crystalline Musk, Strawberry Leaves, Caramelized Popcorn, Strawberry Sorbet.
Style:
Pure. Precious. Modern.


And I don't remember if I liked Dior Addict Shine or Dior Addict 2 (the bottles are very similar).
Dior Addict 2 [1.7oz. $53]
Notes: Bergamot, Grapefruit, Orange, Freesia, Lily of the Valley, Lotus Flower, Pineapple, Watermelon, Grenadine, Sandalwood, White Musk.
Style:Free-spirited. Feminine. Glamorous.And ARMANI!!

I went out for dinner at A Kettle Of Fish w/ my g'rents and family for a belated Mother's Day dinner. It was really cute hearing stories about my mom when she was little like how both her and her sister (1.5 years apart, my mom being the older one) would follow my grandpa around like chickens in the morning before he went to work, watching him brush his teeth and seeing him off in the garage.

Hurray I made my first Craigslist sale a few hours ago =) I sold the COACH Swingpack.
I have a few people interested in other items. I can maybe make this a full time job ('cause it does take time).
I need to find a good site that lists all the items and lists of what I'm selling on a page instead of me linking all of them.

A few new items I'm selling:
Shu Uemura Blush - Shade P Peach 40 - $25
My prom dress lol - $120 (price is negotiable)
Green Tote - Excellent condition! - $15
NYX Eyeshadow in Aloha - $4.50

I'm still lusting over that LV turquoise Epi leather clutch...
Wow.. ramble random much?

No comments: