Saturday, March 29, 2008

Blue

Another Friday.
Woke up, watched the snow for 10 min, did some semi-light exercise, showered (hair is STILL black!!), went to the Quay w/ D for my facial (looooved it!! She's actually a foot reflexologist so she massaged my feet too. She also told me to do the yogurt mask 'cause I have dry skin and so does she and she does it every day -- and her skin looks really good for her age) and her manicure, lunch at Burgoo in North Van (nice place! Really great service. I had a great veggie sandwich that came w/ salad and multigrain bread. Cute presentation too! Our bill came in a Dim Sum container!! haha) then I did all my Japanese homework on the skytrain to school that's not due until next Wed. Wore the wrong shoes -- ouchhhh.

Is it just me - When American companies ask me to use a zipcode in order to get results from a test or something, I always use 90210 haha

Anyway - parents bugging about getting a real job this summer. I still want to do something temporary and fun w/ good money but dead-end (as my dad says) job on the side (like serving) , but I agree - I should look for a decent job that has some substance on my resume. Mom suggested taking some career aptitude tests 'cause right now, I have no idea what I want to do!

I took one from careerpath.com. There are so many tests like these out there and they all have such big flaws... so I guess it's best to take a lot! For this one, I basically answered a bunch of "would you rather do this or this" Qs... so here's my results:People with Blue interests like activities that allow them to be creative. This can be through more traditional visual arts, writing or musical pursuits although not limited to these. The creativity is often expressed in thinking of new ideas or strategies that can have a broad range of applications. Blue interests often like thinking about the future and planning for long term benefits. Hobbies include: performing or listening to music, attending theater, story telling, journaling, decorative arts, painting. Career choice often are: Editor, Journalist, Teacher, Strategic Planner, Consultant, Performing Arts, Marketing, Communications, Research and Development.
People with Blue strengths are good at building long term relationships with others that are based on trust and respect. They are sensitive to the individual needs and concerns of others and respond with great understanding and intuition to emotionally difficult situations. They are good at making complex decisions because they will take the time to carefully evaluate their options so they make the best decision the first time. An additional strength they often have is to think about the future and put plans and strategies in place that are focused on long term goals.

There are four possible ratings categories organized by color:

RED indicates
Expediting
GREEN indicates
Communicating
BLUE indicates
Planning
YELLOW indicates
Administrating

I think it's pretty darn accurate. I'm really interested in event planning actually.... I know blue doesn't necessarily mean literal planning, but I do love to plan.

3.1 Phillip Lim classic trench [$625 on Eluxury.com]
I really like it. I forgot to save the back - it's simple and classic, yet a bit unique too.
Alexander McQueen's sale on HauteLook - so cute.
I really like that Burberry scarf and bag but I can't find it on the website!
I'm listening to Big Bang's 2nd Live Concert (2008) - The Great. It's really gooood.
Super tired. I've got G-ma's lunch and a trip to the cemetery tomorrow. Then I'll write English and write some of my Japn Oral all day.

No comments: