Thursday, June 26, 2008

Welcome To The Social

Random fact: I have a ton of cute, mini coil notebooks that have random lists that I start and rarely look back at or finish. It's not really a list, but I thought it was interesting I wrote:
Aneurism
1. Needle orange
2. Cut
3. Tweezrs
4. Drain
5. Connect using tweezers
6. Sew
Seemingly odd and random. It's the steps to complete the Aneurism (or Aneurysm) stage for Trauma Center for my brother's DS Lite a long time ago 'cause I had a hard time getting to the next level lol so I had to do this stage over and over again.

Anyway, I've been meaning to tell you about the many mail in-comings! I love packages - they're so much fun to receive! I took a few risks buying from ppl on Soompi but everything turned out A-OK.

1: Eyelite Double-Lash by Mavala (Switzerland): Strengthens, lengthens and thickens lashes. A nutritive treatment that lengthens and strengthens lashes, helps stimulate faster growth and protects them. The natural ingredients give brightness and thickness to lashes.
I was first introduced to this nutritive treatment by YouTube's very own Pursebuzz (whom everyone seems to love). I bought it off Ebay for about $10CDN. You basically just coat your eyelashes with it every night - when you put on your night cream. I've been very diligent at this ever since I got it around 2 weeks ago. You're supposed to see results after a month. My eyelashes aren't that short to begin with but it never hurts to thicken and lengthen! They definitely feel thicker and I've only noticed 2 lashes have fallen out since (which is great considering when I used to pull at them 2 or 3 would come out at a time). Some people use this as a mascara primer. I haven't tried that yet. So yea - when you wake up, you just rinse it off. I unfortunately didn't take a very good "before" picture so I have nothing to compare it w/, but it does look a tinch longer I guess - haven't really scrutinized yet. They curl nicer and I notice some baby ones growing.

2. Apple Mascara - 2 for $10 (I got Avocado and Mamey). Someone did a Soompi survey on these like I've mentioned before. They're from Mexico aha which is a bit sketchy but a lot of ppl who live close to the Southern border use it. They're definitely not dramatic mascara and they don't coat your lashes smoothly -- it's more for a natural everyday wear and it volumnizes your lashes. It also does not kill your curl at all (like I find Maybelline's Great Lash does) and it's not heavy... and doesn't smudge at all. It's apparently supposed to be nourishing for your eyelashes but I can never tell. The mascara itself is a bit dry looking which was a bit of a turn off when I first opened it but it applies pretty well. Another plus is that my eyelashes feel as if nothing is on them when I touch them (not hard like Great Lash). I've only used them 2 or 3 times - I give it 8.2/10 (whereas Great Lash is probably a 7/10) so far.

3. I can't find a picture, but I bought this gadget from Angeland on Soompi. It was $5 including shipping and Paypal fees (well, she doesn't charge Paypal fees apparently). It's a tightly coiled metal spring that you curve and roll betwen your fingertips while keeping the vertex of the parabola (omg) against your face. The purpose of it is to remove hair on face - a lot like threading. hahaha and it doesn't hurt half as much as waxing does. I have a good pain tolerance anyway on my face so it doesn't hurt at all and it works pretty OK. You have to go over some spots over and over again, twisting the handles (which can be a bit of a pain) at different angles. If you're interested, I'll try to find it.

4. I got my Microsoft Zune MP3 in the mail today!! It was on my doorstep right when I was leaving the house to go for work so I opened it on the bus. Yay! Neat. I got black (was hoping for a Pink or Red). It came with premium headphones too and an AC adapter which you have to buy separately. I was actually really thinking of selling this one and buying a video zune so I could watch dramas or shows and actually read the subtitles. The screen on this one is too small. It's 8GB. I just charged it and now I'm downloading the software.

That's it so far. My American Apparel package from Ebay was supposed to come today. I've e-mailed them.

Apparently it's the long weekend this week? I don't even know. Good news! Next week I'm only working 2 days: Sunday and Wednesday!

I've got a pretty big list on my to-do list which includes:
- Korean homework (and review)
- bake Korean Class potluck (banana + chocolate chip muffins)
- Driving practice
- fabric store
- shop for room furniture
- but first, clean room REALLY WELL and get rid of junk! (too much, too hard)
- pay SFU $100 deposit
- research which courses to take
- Haircut
- Read
- Sewing projects
- Get new glasses
- Dentist appointment
- re-learn beginner Japanese :(

So muchie.

No comments: