Sunday, April 27, 2008

Master Cleanse Day 6

AH this morning I was actually lethargic, weak, and dizzy! I drank my lax tea, a cup of water, and 2 cups of lemonade. I think I'm not getting enough sugar in me -- not enough maple syrup. From the rate I was using maple syrup before, I thought I'd run out of the 500ml before my detox was over but I'm over halfway now and I have half of the maple syrup left. Before, I put in 1.5 tbsp for every 2 cups where I'm supposed to drink almost 4. Anyway - now that I drank 3 tbsps, I'm quite a bit better.

I didn't measure myself before the detox -- maybe I should have but oh well too late. Most people lose a lot of weight even from the 3rd day and I was still the same. My aunt scared me 'cause she said maybe it's b/c my body feels it's starving so it's storing all the fat but that shouldn't happen! Even people who don't follow this detox half as well as I have have been losing over 7 pounds from their 3rd day. Anyway, today's the 6th day and I weighed myself (haven't weighed since the 3rd day) and I've lost almost 5 pounds.

Aunt's family and Jlo came for dinner.... they ate roast lamb, yams, shrimp salad.. and other super yummy things. Plus my mom made blueberry banana bread.. I can stil smell it from my room! It smells SO GOOD!!!
Now they're eating cinnamon buns my aunt made for dessert.... 's ok - I got to freeze one for me to nibble on in 1.5 weeks.

I've decided to stop my detox once I finish my maple syrup 'cause I'm definitely not going out to buy another bottle for the last couple days and I'm not going to drink the lemonade w/out the syrup (too sour). Probably another 2-3 days. FOOD!

SSW: 0
Lax: 1
Water: 4
Lemonade: 6

I kinda quite like this Guess bikini! Too bad I can't fill it out =( It's a Medium.. and even a small might be pushing it (too big). It's at $15.95 on Ebay. I wish it didn't have a string and that there was no hole in the middle lol.. I guess I just like the material + pattern.
This top is cute but the bottom is too frilly.

Oh here's some info on the Master Cleanse from Stanely Borrough's book:

Purpose:
To dissolve and eliminate toxins and congestion that have formed in any part of the body.
To cleanse the kidneys and the digestive system.
To purify the glands and cells throughout the entire body.
To eliminate all unusable waste and hardened material in the joints and muscles.
To relieve pressures and irritation in the nerves, arteries, and blood vessels.
To build a healthy bloodstream.
To keep youth and elasticity regardless of our years.

When To Use It
When sickness has developed - for all acute and chronic conditions.
When the digestive system needs a rest and a cleansing.
When overweight has become a problem.
When better assimilation and building of body tissue is needed.

And How Often?
Follow the diet for a minimum of 10 days or more - up to 40 days and beyond may be safely followed for extremely serious cases. The diet has all the nutrition needed during this time. Three to four times a year will do wonders for keeping the body in a normal healthy condition. The diet may be undertaken more frequently for serious conditions.

How To Make "The Master Cleanser"
(I have doubled the recipe that is in the booklet.)
4 tbsp lemon (or lime) juice (1 lemon)
4 tbsp genuine maple syrup (the darker the better)
1/5 tsp cayenne pepper (red pepper) or to taste
10 to 12 oz. water (spring or purified) (hot or cold)
Combine the lemon juice, maple syrup, and cayenne pepper in a container.
Add the water and stir.

Use fresh lemons (organic if possible) or limes only, never canned lemon or lime juice nor frozen lemonade or frozen juice. The maple syrup is a balanced form of positive and negative sugar must be used, not some "substitute." There are three grades of maple syrup. Grade A is the first run - mild in taste, sweet and with less minerals that the other grades. It is more expensive and less desirable but it may be used. Grade B is the second run with more minerals plus more maple taste. It is more suitable for the diet and is less expensive. Grade C is the third run with even more minerals and still stronger taste of maple and slightly less pleasant for most people, although acceptable in the diet. It is lower in price. As Grade C is less expensive it can be used as an excellent sweetening agent in preparing foods. The strong maple flavour blends very well.

What the ingredients do:

The Lemon
The lemon is a loosening and cleansing agent with many important building factors. The ability of the elements in the lemon and in the maple syrup working together creates these desired results.
Its 49% potassium strengthens and energizes the heart, stimulates and builds the kidneys and adrenal glands.
Its oxygen builds vitality.
Its carbon acts as a motor stimulant.
Its hydrogen activates the sensory nervous system.
Its calcium strengthens and builds the lungs.
Its phosphorus knits the bones, stimulates and builds the brain for clearer thinking.
Its sodium encourages tissue building.
Its magnesium acts as a blood alkalizer.
Its iron builds the red corpuscles to rapidly correct the most common forms of anemia.
Its chlorine cleanses the blood plasma.
Its silicon aids the thyroid for deeper breathing.
The natural iron, copper, calcium, carbon, and hydrogen found in the sweetening supplies more building and cleansing material. It truly is a perfect combination for cleansing, eliminating, healing, and building. Hence, supplements are not needed during the diet and may actually interfere with its cleansing action.

The Cayenne Pepper
Adding cayenne pepper is necessary as it breaks up mucus and increases warmth by building the blood for an additional lift. It also adds many of the B and C vitamins.

No comments: